Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Getting Down To Serious Estate Planning

When it comes to most things, I never put off until tomorrow what I can do today. This is true with my job, home improvement projects, exercise and more. Procrastination has just never been my thing. The only realm of life in which this has not been the case is that of finally settling down to do some serious estate planning Austin for my family. For one reason or another, I have never wanted to think through the critical issues on which this topic inevitably touches.


However, after meeting a local attorney at a dinner party recently, I realized that for the well-being of my kids and wife, I really could delay no further. I wanted to make certain that in the event of my untimely death, they would have immediate access to the resources necessary to move on successfully with their lives. I also wanted to take steps to ensure that if my wife and I happened to die at the same time, the kids would be placed in the care of relatives of our choosing. 

Once I took affirmative steps to get the process started, things did not seem nearly as intimidating as they did in the past. I can now rest much easier knowing that my family's future is secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment